This is the first time I have used this blog to express my opinion over anything, but in the past week, I have become so irritated at some of the people in this country, I decided to just let it out.
I would like to know when the American people are going to realize one person can not "fix" the problems that we are facing, and also that one person can not cause the problems either. There is no reason to go around casting blame and being so disrespectful. My four year old has been taught about the election process and knew that one of the 2 candidates would be the new president. The one thing that I have told her over and over is that no matter what our opinion, the office of the President of the United States deserves nothing but respect....and the person who holds that title deserves to be shown that respect.
I have been so disappointed in the disrespect that has been shown to now Former President George W. Bush. None of us can even imagine the pressures or stresses that come with that job & its duties. He was blamed for everything that has gone wrong, yet has not been given any credit for the things that have gone right.
I do not agree with the liberal views of President Obama, nor did he get my vote, but as our President, I respect him. I watched his inauguration because it was a moment in history. I pray that God guides him to do the best job he possibly can for our country.
I'll get off of my soap box now, but I wish that American citizens would show the man that led our country for the past 8 years the respect that he deserves. In my opinion.....Great Job to Former President Bush & Good luck to President Obama. May God bless you both.
2 comments:
Thank you for what you said. This is what I have been saying since the election.
I totally agree!
Post a Comment