So...the past year has brought a lot of joy and a lot of sorrow to our family. We have been forced to discover how strong we all are. My life has changed completely in the last year, and I am not the same person I was. I have learned a lot about myself throughout this journey...and even though the journey through grief is far from over (I don't think it will ever be over) I have learned how to live with it. I know that I will always be missing a piece of my heart, and there will always be an ache deep inside. And even though there are still days when something comes along and its like someone punched me in the stomach and I feel like I'm back to day 1, most of the time, I am able to look back and smile at the beautiful moments we were able to share with our son. He is always in our hearts & on our minds, and will be forever.
I am very excited about what the rest of 2011 holds for us...lots of babies (neice or nephew, cousins, friends); time to spend with family and friends; Jordan showing animals; and whatever else comes along. I am trusting in whatever God has planned for us. God is good & our family is very blessed.
Cody is my rock. He takes care of our family so well! He works so hard and makes it possible for me not to have an outside job. He is working on starting another crop year, and even though it looks as though it will be a challenging year, I have faith that it will all work out in the end. This is the first year Jordan can show at our county show, and I can tell you that her daddy is VERY excited about it! This is something that he has looked forward to for years. I love the fact that they have something that they can do together that they both enjoy.
Jordan is AMAZING! She is going through first grade with flying colors. She was a cheerleader for the youth football league, did Oral Reading for UIL again this year, and is now starting her first season of Little Dribblers. She keeps me very busy most of the time, but I am so thankful that I am able to be an active part in everything she participates in. She has been on the A-Honor Roll every six weeks so far.
Here are a few pictures from the past year...hope you enjoy & I will try to keep this updated as often as I can!
1 comment:
I am glad you are back to blogging. I know there is going to be days where you take it hour by hour, but it sounds like the good days are getting better. I can't believe how big Jordan is!! Hope to see ya'll sometime in August, we are going to try and make it home for a few days.
Love to ya'll
Lisa
Post a Comment