Well..I know I haven't blogged in a while. I really just don't know what to say. I can put up pictures of what's going on in our lives right now, but it just isn't one of my priorities right now.
Yesterday marked the 2 month anniversary of the worst day of my life. I can't believe my angel has been gone so long already. It feels like a lifetime since I was able to hold Stratton in my arms, but the pain & the memory are still so fresh. Right now, we're just staying busy and taking things a day at a time. Sometimes, I can't even think a day ahead...I just have to tell myself if I can make it through the next hour, that's enough. We are trying to spend as much time with Jordan as we can...trying to make her life a little easier, as she deals with her own grief. This amazing little girl...well, not so little anymore...we just celebrated her 6th birthday & her graduation from Kindergarten...has helped me get through so many days when I just wanted to stay in bed all day. She gives us a new point of view on the situation through the eyes of a child. I thank God everyday for her!
Cody has been so amazing for me. He has been my rock. I know that his heart is broken too and he has been so strong for me. I don't know what I would do without him. I love him so much!
I'm sure one of these days I will feel like blogging again, but I don't know when that will be. I just wanted to update everyone. Thank you all for your love & support.
2 comments:
i am so sorry you lost your baby boy. he was very handsome. i lost my baby girl 7 months ago, i remember how dark those first months were.
praying for you
My deepest sympathy for your loss! May the Lord comfort you through the dark days ahead and allow you to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you don't mind me sharing a poem with you that I wrote after my daughter passed away due to SIDS.
Mom and Dad
I know how much you love me.
I know you miss me, too.
I know this can’t be easy
But I know you’ll make it through.
I’m standing right beside you
In another time and place.
I can see your teardrops falling
And the sadness in your face.
But please don’t cry much longer.
Let the healing soon begin.
I’m standing right beside you,
All around you and within.
Hear the words I whisper,
They are spoken to your heart.
Feel my constant presence,
Know we’re never far apart.
Know how much I love you.
Know I’m always right near by.
Please know that I can see you,
That I hate to see you cry.
One day we’ll be together.
Know I’m waiting patiently.
Though for you it seems forever,
Soon we’ll be a family.
Much love to you and yours!
Christine
Post a Comment